We have a screening process to determine if Golden PAWS can provide you with a dog that fits your needs. Eligibility requirements and screening procedures vary for each type of dog that we place.
In order to be considered to receive an application for a Golden PAWS Assistance Dog, you must meet one of the following criteria:
1. You must be a combat wounded veteran challenged by a physical disability or PTSD. We also consider First Responders who have been injured through their work.
2. Children must have a qualifying physical disability and be over the age of six.
Please include the following in your initial email:
Phone call inquiries will be referred to this site.
- Full Name of person in need
- Your name if inquiring for another person
- City and State in which you reside
- Telephone Number
- Brief summary (one paragraph) of the type of assistance you want from a Golden PAWS dog